With the world constantly shifting towards a healthier lifestyle, cooking fats have become something of a taboo.
The technique of boiling or steaming food is not always an option your taste buds will appreciate, neither is raw veganism if you live in a temperate climate. Let’s be honest here, how long can one survive on an plain diet before getting sick?
Toxic-free cookware have long since been the ideal tool to cook everything your heart desires in a healthier manner, of course. But are these type of cookware worth the hype? Yes, if it’s high-quality!
This time around we are going to focus on reviewing the T-fal E765SH ultimate hard anodized non-stick cookware set. The set is also rated as one of the best T-Fal nonstick cookware sets in 2017.
Now, I’ve been in love with T-fal (or Tefal, its cooler European moniker I’ve been accustomed to call it by) since first being introduced to its thermo-spot frying pans.
However, since I haven’t actually tried out this range of T-fal cookware and was intrigued by their hard anodized set I decided to give it a try. Here we go.
Closer Glance At T-fal E765SH Nonstick Hard Anodized Set
At a first glance, it seems that this 17-piece set has everything you could possibly need in your kitchen – at least in my book.
The hard anodized (electronically tempered aluminum) it is made of material 80% stronger than steel, just so you know – works wonders and it’s known for the durability of every item in the set. Heavy? Yes, but beautiful on the appearance.
Items included in the package:
- 1 qt. saucepan with lid
- 2 qt. saucepan with lid
- 3 qt. saucepan with lid
- 5 qt. Dutch oven with lid
- 3.5 qt. deep sauté pan
- 2 nylon cooking tools – a spatula and a spoon
- 8″ fry pan
- 10.25″ fry pan
- 11.5″ fry pan with lid
- 10.25″ square griddle
- 3 qt. steamer insert with 2 handles
- 1 one egg wonder
Awesome Features That Make The Set Stand Out
- An even heat distribution – the hard anodized aluminum the items are made of, will not only increase durability but will also help in evenly distributing heat during the cooking process. Say goodbye to undercooked pieces, no matter what dish you are creating.
- A cool thermo-spot – this is perhaps its best feature. The spot acts like a heat indicator so you will always know when to put the item you are frying in the pan. Preheat evenly. No more guessing.
- Hard titanium interior that don’t stick – incredibly durable and scratch resistant. Unlike other sets in this category, especially ceramic covered ones, this one from T-fal is safe to use even with metal utensils.
- Ergonomic silicone covered handles – the handles feel quite sturdy and the silicone layer on them means you could actually use this set in the oven (at least up to 350F)
- Fast and easy to clean – arguably the most desired feature. This set is also dishwasher safe, much to the joy of users.
Tips and Precautions
- Using an aerosol cooking spray is not recommended on the surface coating
- Though you can safely use metal utensils, it is best you opt for nylon, silicone or wood ones for a prolonged life span of the set.
- Low to moderate heat is recommended when cooking with T-fal products.
Is T-fal E765SH Cookware Set Worth The Hype Surrounding It?
So what do users say about this T-fal cookware set?
As the ultimate set comes from a well-known brand, specialized in thermo-spot technology, countless people have been using it and good reviews are not hard to come by. As with everything on the market, the opinions vary – some loved it, some didn’t like it as much and some were ok with it.
- This set is apparently one of the most durable ones around
- Quite affordable considering its high-quality and number of pieces included
- The non-stick layer lasts a long time
- It heats up evenly
- The Teflon is non-toxic
- The set is both beautiful and professional looking
The Not So Good
- Some have an issue with the fact that not all pans have a lid – they are interchangeable ones but may not be a perfect fit
- Though advertised as dishwasher-safe, some users had problems with this aspect
Comparison of T-fal E765SH Ultimate Vs T-fal C530SC Signature
As opposed to the T-fal E765SH hard anodized set, T-fal C530SC signature comes with 3 finishes, namely jet-black, red and silver. Though I like the black, some might prefer it in other colour so it’s nice to have options.
Having pretty much the same high-quality and features of the Ultimate set, the only difference between them relies in the number of pieces.
T-fal E765SH Vs T-fal C514SE Excite
As its name suggests, the T-fal Excite set is fun and hip, bringing a little bit more excitement in a modern kitchen. While still maintaining the high-quality standard the brand is known for, these particular pieces can be found in a variety of bright colors, namely blue, gold, pink, purple and red.
It is featured with PFOA-free and dishwasher-safe.
If you like cooking in some fun, bright pans and pots, this set is definitely the one for you. Enjoy preparing meals in the riveted-on pieces of cookware complete with Thermo-spot technology and never look back.
You May Also Be Interested In The Related Reviews:
After putting the set to the test, cooking comfort food mostly, I can say that the pieces are actually pretty great. Eggs and bacon, no extra fat added, slide in the pan as if they are made of plastic. I find the cooking surface coating better than that of other brands, at least when compared to some ceramic ones.
Metal utensils do work and will not damage the coating if you use them normally and not try to harm the pan on purpose.
I have to second the opinion of many previous users – affordability does not mean average quality in this case. And while Teflon has been under fire for quite some time due to potential health risks, the non-stick coating is non-toxic, both PFOA and PTFE free.
As for the thermo-spot color change, I have to say I do not see any problem with that. All in all, pretty great pieces when compared to others.